Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Ithaca 45 at LGS

twister

I just came back from my local gun store, and they had a Ithaca 45. Very nice looking gun, all made in Ohio. Would like to know if anyone else has checked one out, and what you thought of it.Price was $1600.

I just came back from my local gun store, and they had a Ithaca 45. Very nice looking gun, all made in Ohio. Would like to know if anyone else has checked one out, and what you thought of it.Price was $1600.

I've only seen pics, and they look nice. The only problem is that for that money, there are a LOT of nice 1911's. To me it seems like more of a collector's thing than a competitor's thing.

I've only seen pics, and they look nice. The only problem is that for that money, there are a LOT of nice 1911's. To me it seems like more of a collector's thing than a competitor's thing.

The one thing about Ithaca is they are more expensive. They are built right here in the good ole USA. I still don't think I would pay that much for it though. I've always loved there shotguns but can't come to spend that much for a pump.