Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm load for PPC

mr.elite

I had pretty good luck with titegroup (4.4 I think) and a 115 rainier hollow point. Didn't try 124's. For that kind of accuracy, you'd probably have to experiment with 50 yard grouping and see what works best. I found that different guns liked different loads. A friend and I tried ww silvertips. In his gun, they went 2 inches @ 50. Mine, same gun, went 6 inch groups from the same box of ammo. This being from a ransom rest.

I just picked up a STI targetmaster 6 inch 1911. Not sure what the twist is.

I was thinking of 124gr with 3.8-3.9 of Win231. I'll just try it with the factory 10 lb. recoil spring and work my way down.

I've tried atlanta arms 9mm PPC load for 5 inch 1911 and I thought it was a little to hot for me.

Thanks for your input guys. Keep your thoughts comming guys.

My bet is you'll have to run the loads a little hotter to get the most accuracy out of it, but you never know till you try. I google'd PPC loads and found some pretty stout loads using Power Pistol, 231 and some other medium rate pistol powders (n330, n340). Nothing really powder puff except for revolvers.

You might also look for some good 147gr bullets. It will probably shoot 147's better than 124's but thats just a hunch (my 9mm 1911 likes the heavy bullets better, or have to run a really hot load in the lighter bullets).

Zero's will be much more accurate than Montana Gold at the 50yd line. Hornady HAP and XTP even better than the Zero's. Good luck, would like to hear the results. :cheers: