Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rifle red dots

brettk

I have a Strikefire. I have been very happy with it. It help up well on my 3 gun rifle, however I now use a Tac30 1-4. The Strikefire now lives on my Nordic .22 upper. Great little red dot for the money. It has been abused (thrown into dump barrels, fallen over off a racks, etc.. It has held up well and holds it's zero well too... I have had mine about 2 years now...

I love it. Basically it is twice as expensive, and that is before you have added a mount. However, I would say it is 100% more useful in 3 gun events, especially on targets out past 200 yards.

For 3 gun, I have an upper with iron sights, and one with the Tac 30... As I said above, the Vortex is on my .22 upper I use for practice, steel challenge, and tac rifle events that allow .22lr uppers... However, none of that involves long distance targets. It is very hard to guestimate holdovers for long distance targets with the vortex (or any red dot, for that matter).

It is very hard to guestimate holdovers for long distance targets with the vortex (or any red dot, for that matter).

Eotech with the 2 dots is great for this (for me anyway)