Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady bullet feeder mounting issues

Hi everone,

have to say that I did ask this question already to Hornady but with the weekend coming I am not sure if they will reply before next week. So maybe someone of you can help.

I have 2 issues with it that might be linked together.

the engine is running but the bullet feeder wheel is not turning (is there a screw are something to adjust it like with the case feeder?)

I cannot rise the bullet guide plate high enough to be above the bullet feeder wheel. Its not even close and it only gets high enough if I leave the lock nut adjustment screw and the rubber washer completly away.

My guess is that for whatever reason the bullet feeder wheel is not sitting on the engine but higher. That would explain why I cannot get the plate high enough. But thats just my guess.

And how do you like it so far?

I have not set it up yet 100%. Everything works fine so far and was quite easy to set up even for a dedicated DIY hater like me lol. The problem was that somewhere during shipping a nut got loose and so the wheel could not turn. Anyway it works now. I guess the main issue is to widen the case mouth correctly. Too little and the bullet will not fit too much and you could get a belly. Did not have time yet to play around with that.