Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

extensive modification to beretta slide

I have searched and searched, and have not found an option to get decent sight system on my beretta 92fs.

I want to have something similar to the sevigney sights on my glocks, thin front fiber optic, and wide rear black serrated,

the front sight is part of the slide, would it be possible to mill flat and weld a front sight that accepts fiber optic rod? and still be production legal?

is it too thin to mill dovetail?

I see LPA has a front sight that lays over the existing front sight, that is pinned on, could this be modified to accept fiber?

thanks

Jason

I have searched and searched, and have not found an option to get decent sight system on my beretta 92fs.

I want to have something similar to the sevigney sights on my glocks, thin front fiber optic, and wide rear black serrated,

the front sight is part of the slide, would it be possible to mill flat and weld a front sight that accepts fiber optic rod? and still be production legal?

is it too thin to mill dovetail?

I see LPA has a front sight that lays over the existing front sight, that is pinned on, could this be modified to accept fiber?

thanks

Jason

I know the 92 Elite models have dovetailed front sights so it should be possible to do with the standard 92. Whether it would still be Production Div legal is a great question.

App. D4 Item 21.2b states:

Milling of slide — only as

required to insert sights.

Remains in effect – a slide may be modified

specifically for the purpose of installing

sights, and for no other purpose.

Seems legal enough to me.