Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IMM 9 Major

rupture

I have an IMM in 9 major.I have had it for about five years and I am quite happy with it.But at the moment is it down for service and a barrel change.

The three port comp developed a hairline crack on both sides on the rearmost port when the gun was a little over two years.I wont go into details of the trouble of getting a new barrel and comp setup.It only took about two years to get a new setup from SVI.But eventually did it arrive and I hope to get back into the game within a week or two.The comp that the IMM now uses is a two port instead of the three port that my IMM had. My IMM is a hybrid with three holes it is very loud and the muzzle blast is spectacular but the dot is hardly moving at all.It just shudders thats all.I use Vith 3N38 about 9,2gn and a 125gn FMJ RN.OAL is about 1,22. In my IMM is the factor about 174. The IMM is an excellent gun in every respect the sad thing is that I know about three other IMM owners with the same problem. But according to the manufacturer is there nothing wrong with their products ever.Would I buy another gun from these guys? I am not sure but their products are really good most of the time.

I'm running both the IMM 9major and IMM 38SC. On the 9major i have no hybrid holes with the old style 3port titanium comp. It's the flattest shooting 9major ive shot, but ive only shot about 3 others.

I use at the moment a Fiocchi 125 gn FMJ RN it is 0,6 long. When seated is there about 0,13 of the bullet inside the case.The beauty of 9 major is the case. As 9 mm cases is so common here in my neck of the woods can I forget about picking brass which is a good thing.I use ordinary pistol primers there are those that recommends small pistol magnum but I have never had any problems with Fed 100 and Magtech small pistol for instance.

Edited by ALF