Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 229 Reloading

Hello everyone I'm new here and would love to hear some input on reloading .40 S&W for my Sig 229. I plan on shooting Hornady XTP and HAP bullets in 180 grain weight. I was wondering if anyone else was reloading this same bullet and what kind of powder and primers folks were using?

Welcome to the forum. Have you looked around? On the main page, scroll down to "Technical" and the go into "General Reloading". There is a whole section on "10mm/.40" It's full of good info. I don't have a 229, but I do run lots of reloads through SIG 220 and 226. In .40 I load for a Glock and a 1911.

Hello everyone I'm new here and would love to hear some input on reloading .40 S&W for my Sig 229. I plan on shooting Hornady XTP and HAP bullets in 180 grain weight. I was wondering if anyone else was reloading this same bullet and what kind of powder and primers folks were using?

Welcome to the forum. I shoot a Sihg 229 Sport in 40 S&W. For light loads I have used 155 to 180 gr. plated or jacketed bullest with WST or American Select. GFor full power loads , jacketed bullest with WSF. I usually use Winchester primers in my semi auto and Federal in my lightly sprung revolvers. I have also used both Remington and CCI primers in my semi autos.

Hey Cruz5350, I load for a .40cal but in my Glock27 my favorite cal to reload for. I am currently using hornady (mostly) and MG bullets in 155gr. And 180gr hornady makes a good bullet.. using power pistol powder(6.0-6.7gr. 6.5 sofar my favorite) FLASHY. with CCI SmPp and mixed brass C.O.L 1.137 and taper crimp @ .420 in my subcompact Glock 27 I get better performance in 180gr. Hornady bullets.. I have been reloading for about a year and has not yet found a pet load I like but am getting close... Good Luck and Welcome to the forums!

Edited by MARKAVELI