Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision delta 9mm 124 gr fmj

Philo_Beddoe

Been thinking about switching over to precision delta 124gr fmj from montana gold 124 gr fmj/cmj to save money, but I have heard that precision delta can have long periods of time when their bullets are out of stock, never had a problem with MG. Anyone experience long stock outs on their favorite bullet from PD?

Thanks

I've heard that recently about BBI but don't know about Precision. I'm getting ready to order some Bayou bullets, you may want to look at them also. They seem to have stock in most of the time and I like the surface of the Bayou better than the PD or BBI also. Hope this helps...

Everyone is running behind on bullet manufacturing these days. PD makes a great bullet, but the problem is they only run 9mm about once every 3 months. I would highly advise that you place your order by phone after checking stock. Their web page will accept an order with no bullets in stock and give zero feedback.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

last time i went through a tour of PD they had a pretty cool setup. The use three WWII era winchester bullet machines, prolly weight about 10 tons each! Dillon aint got jack on these suckers. The first machine we came to took massive lead cylinders and under extreme pressure pushed them through specific holes to make cores for their jacketed bullets. Second machine took a five foot high three foot wide role of copper sheet and punched out little discs that would later be turned into jackets. Next machine cut the lead wire into the correct length. Next machine would join the copper jacket to the core. Seeing the big Winchester machines pump out ammo was amazing. I would hate to guess at their output rate but i would bet 40K+ rounds a hour on each machine. Stuff like 38spl,357sig,357 mag, 44 spl/mag is loaded on automated Dillon 1050's and i think i saw a old camdex unit in there to. I think PD biggest problem is filling the contracts for law enforcemtnt, i think every agency in the south uses them for either practice rounds or for Ranger ammo.