Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder River for my XDM

hgr2

OK Guys and Gals, here are my thoughts on my recent Powder River parts and accessories purchase. Placed my order last Monday for their Ultimate trigger kit, a set of Dawson sights, fixed rear and FO front and that fancy sandpaper grip tape. Received everything priority mail that Thursday. It would be hard to top that. Had some trouble fitting the striker safety lever, I didn't have to touch the disconnect tab but had to work over the back side of the lever to get enough movement so the slide would go on. Other than that(besides not knowing what the hell I was doing) everything went pretty well. Oh yeh I got their punch set too, pretty nice.

Lets get one thing strait now, an XDM will never have a 1911 type trigger pull with it's current design but the PRP kit makes a very nice improvement over the stock trigger. I was hoping for a little less stroke to reset the trigger but reducing tolerance stacking of all those parts is a tall order.

I am really pleased with the Dawson sights, they even include installation punches for each sight.

I didn't do the best job on the grip tape but it definitely improved the grip. I'm sure the results would be much better had I sent the gun to them for professional installation.

Would I highly recommend Powder River for XDM parts..........HELL YES!!! Shoot and holler $hit hgr2

OK Guys and Gals, here are my thoughts on my recent Powder River parts and accessories purchase. Placed my order last Monday for their Ultimate trigger kit, a set of Dawson sights, fixed rear and FO front and that fancy sandpaper grip tape. Received everything priority mail that Thursday. It would be hard to top that. Had some trouble fitting the striker safety lever, I didn't have to touch the disconnect tab but had to work over the back side of the lever to get enough movement so the slide would go on. Other than that(besides not knowing what the hell I was doing) everything went pretty well. Oh yeh I got their punch set too, pretty nice.

Lets get one thing strait now, an XDM will never have a 1911 type trigger pull with it's current design but the PRP kit makes a very nice improvement over the stock trigger. I was hoping for a little less stroke to reset the trigger but reducing tolerance stacking of all those parts is a tall order.

I am really pleased with the Dawson sights, they even include installation punches for each sight.

I didn't do the best job on the grip tape but it definitely improved the grip. I'm sure the results would be much better had I sent the gun to them for professional installation.

Would I highly recommend Powder River for XDM parts..........HELL YES!!! Shoot and holler $hit hgr2

Check Springer Precision's website for detailed info on detail stripping the XD and XDM. You'll be a pro in a few short minutes.

i installed the powder river ultimate match target kit in my xd9 tactical last weekend. watching the youtube vid's really helped. There isn't that much too the XD as I was told... real simple to install.

I just ordered some stuff from springer precision to complete my production gun dreams...