Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

'Custom' guns in classifieds that aren't

WildWillie

I routinely browse certain gun classfieds on the internet in search of that occassional great deal for an item I may be looking for. I am so sick of seeing Glocks, M&Ps, and other firearms that have their perfectly durable factory finishes stripped off so the owner can apply something 'better' or 'custom'. Items such as Dura-Coat are excellent products for refinishing firearms that have significant ammounts of wear and tear, or for easily applyng a finish to a new build. What I hate is when I see an almost new pistol that the owner claims has something like less than 100rd through it, and then he goes on to say, "factory finish on slide stripped/sanded and duracoat apllied." It'd be one thing if the owner was trying to acheive a new look by using a different color, but to strip the finish off something like an M&P, and then apply something that looks exactly the same is beyond me. The worst part is when their headline for the classified add reads 'Custom', because they put on this 'better finish' and probably did something else pointless like strip the finish of the slide release so it looks silver,,,until it corodes at least.

Edited by Rademacher

and probably did something else pointless like strip the finish of the slide release so it looks silver,,,until it corodes at least.

Ever consider that's why they are selling it! I've seem them myself, some gun that some fool "customized" and now doesn't like what he's created so he sell's it. Worse yet is the fool who thinks himself to be a gunsmith and thinks he can make some extra money selling "customized" pawn shop guns.