Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt Help

So I'm having a hard time finding the belt I want/need.

I'm currently running one of those VTAC WAR belts, so I can get ATAS with my ninja rolls, and look good doing it. Actually... I kinda like it because it's big and huge and supports the weight better than my pistol belts.

Basically how it works now, I wear a belt with my pants, and then I have a Double Alpha outer belt threaded through there holding all my stuff on it (my stuff, most of which being 1.5" setups). It's not a terrible setup, but there's a lot of overlap in the front making stuff rather bulky and hard to add to. There is no way to setup the belt to mate behind me

In my mind I'm looking for something basically like a DA/CR speed outer belt, only with like a fastex clasp up front or something. I want stiff, 1.5", and an easy/secure way to get it on/off with the quickness. I also dont want much overlap.

Anyone have any ideas, or running a similar setup? I'd at least be interested in what other people are doing.

Edited by J-Hon

You checked out any of Jones Tactical stuff? www.jonestactical.com.

He has a model called the "Cobra Shooters Belt 1.5" with the Cobra buckle... pricey but might be something like you're looking for.

Not what you are asking for, but let me introduce you to my (second) most important piece of shooting gear: Perry Suspenders.

These clip on to your inner belt and your outer belt goes over them. I have a pair of the regular 1.5" ones and a pair of the 2" Ruf-N-Tuf ones for heavier loads. Worth every penny.

Not what you are asking for, but let me introduce you to my (second) most important piece of shooting gear: Perry Suspenders.

These clip on to your inner belt and your outer belt goes over them. I have a pair of the regular 1.5" ones and a pair of the 2" Ruf-N-Tuf ones for heavier loads. Worth every penny.

Hmmm.... Now there's a thought.

The belt isn't hugely heavy as I have it setup now (though I don't have a ton of shotshells on it, but I don't feel it's "secure". I can't get the belt cinched tight enough, and it starts riding down.

I have a couple ideas I might try out, and I think the suspenders would help.

Good lookin' out, and thanks.

Which model did you get?