Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from Clark Co. Indiana

Freeborn Man

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt. I used to shoot back when there were only two divisions, open/modified and limited. I was surprised when I was cruising the web and found all of the different divisions now.

Back in, I guess, '98 I shot Limited. The pistol I started out with was a Colt 1991 that I modified to be more competitive. I did all the work myself and you could tell LOL. New hammer and sear, Ed Brown beavertail, bomar rear sight, blended magwell, and a spray on baked teflon coating. At the time I couldn't afford a match barrel but I think it shot pretty well. The trigger job turned out great at a crisp 2.5 lbs. I was proud of that thing. I had so much fun shooting every week at the club practice and matches on the weekends. I even squeaked out a C class card my first go around. I think I could have done better but choked on a couple of qualifiers.

I only shot that one season and had to quit for a number of personal reasons. I really missed the sport.

Back in 03 I had to have back surgery and picked up a ton of weight. Fast forward to present day. A friend at work was talking about guns and I started talking about the good ol' days of practical shooting. He seemed really interested so I went to do some research. I guess it lit a fire and I want to get back into it. He may start as well. He kicked cancers ass TWICE and had to subsequently have like 9 knee surgerys among others. So, he isn't very mobile (neither am I) but I told him he could just walk the stages and shoot and still have fun. He will be shooting production and I'm not sure what I'm going to try. I am buying a used Limited gun in .40 but I'm torn between that and SS or L-10. Maybe all 3? The weight is still on me plus some. Hopefully the sport will inspire me to drop some tonnage LOL.

I've been reading the forums a lot. Seems to be a great wealth of knowledge and great people here. I hope to see you at a match in the near future!

Matt

• 4 months later...