Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New RO training package.

Radagast

Anyone got an ETA on this? I've been hassling Greg Moon here in Australia for the last couple of months now to run a course. I've got enough hands in the air to double the number of ROs in my home state (NSW), but we won't have a course run until he gets the updated package. *gnashs teeth*

Who do I have to shake down, and does anyone have useful blackmail material to use against the individual(s)?

Ken

IPSC NSW Secretary

Hi Ken

I was appointed earlier this year as Seminar Services Committee Chairman so the responsibility has become mine.

My first task has been to check over the existing Level I Seminar and make sure it conforms to the 2004 rules. In reality Doug Lewis had already done quite a lot of the changes when I started on it.

After some other minor formatting and tidying up work I forwarded it last week for it to be available as a down load from the RD protected pages of the IPSC web site. It should be available now from the site and it has been decided that it will only be available via the RD in any Region.

So the blackmail threats are completely unnecessary and anyway bribery works so much better. :D

I can also advise that the other members of the committee are now in place and we are about to start our work in earnest. An early task will be to check/update the Level II Seminar as well.

Once we've dealt with the pressing housekeeping matters we are going to start a complete rewrite and redesign of all 3 range official seminars. Expect to see some significant changes generally but we certainly intend to include modules for shotgun and rifle.

I'll try to post some updates about progress on these forums from time to time.

Thanks for the quick reply Neil. Just to clarify, the level 1 course is the basic NROI course for newbie ROs? And it can now be downloaded and put to use or is available for comment by the RDs only at this point?

On the blackmail vs bribery, blackmail is more fun, but if bribery is required I can get Vince drunk at the Australian Nationals on the basis that he has to pay it forward when he meets you next..... :)

Ken

Hi guys,

I just checked and the updated IROA Level I Seminar Package submitted by Neil is indeed available from the IPSC Protected Page for Regional Directors. This is a full IROA package which can be used by Instructors to conduct a proper Level I Seminar. In other words, no, it's not there just for comment.

Ken, if you contact Des Lilley (and probably Greg Moon), he/they can download it for you. It's a 1.2Mb zip file at the bottom of the page.

This is the basic IROA seminar for newbie RO training which is usually adopted by NROIs for use.

It can be downloaded now (providing it's actually been added to the web site) and it is ready for use. Unlike the rules the seminar paperwork is not subject to a distinct consultation process prior to release. However, comments and suggestions are welcome and will always be considered.

I guess blackmail and bribery can both be fun depending on where you sit in the process. :rolleyes:

Vince, drinking and bribery always sit well together. It works for me.