Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun belt setup for smaller waist

I am getting my gear together to start shooting some 3 gun matches, and need to set up my belt. I have a CR Speed belt 32 inch waist, am picking up 4 or 5 Ready Tac Mag holders, 2 Ready Tac AR Mag holders. What I need are the Shot Shell Caddies. I am thinking I would prefer 4 rounder’s, but will probably pick up a couple of 6’s as well.

Also on the AR holders I plan on wearing them on my left side with bullets back. Would I need to order right handed bullets back or the other way around?

Thanks

What pistol are you using? Unless its a SS which will hurt in anything but HM, You can use less pistol mags on the belt. For the rifle, 1 extra should be fine just get an extended mag and never reload on the stage unless its a failure. For shotgun shells, they make an 8 round that is like a double stack 4 which takes the same space as a 4 shell. I usually run 20 round mags for 3 gun and usually carry 1 extra so a max of 2. Shell holders installed as needed. For the rifle I have an extended mag that is a 45 rounder so have never had to reload for the stage. Extra mag is shoved in the back pocket just as an emergency mag if i have a jam that takes the mag in the gun out of operation which I have not had yet.

You just don't have the space on the belt to hold a ton of extra so thinning it out is the way to go.

Edited by EkuJustice

I only use on AR mag holder and 2 pistol mag holders. I have 7 man mountain 4 shell caddies and 2 choate 6 round caddies. You never need it all at once unless yoru at the iron man match so that easily fits on my 36-38 belt. If you can't find enough space get a bladetech or wilderness AR pouch that goes on your lower back sideways.

Edited by jtischauser

I don’t plan on running it all at once. I am going to shoot USPSA Production division as well that’s the reason for so many Pistol Mag Holders. I am shooting a S&W M&P 9mm.

I also plan on getting the mag extension to make the Pmag hold 47.