Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rule Change - The reason!!!! "Enough said."

SRT Driver

I'd love to see USPSA buy the rights to NRA Action Pistol and host the match.

It's obvious to me at least that the NRA isn't REALLY interested in the match in the same fashion as Camp Perry.

The last Cup I went to was in the mid 90's...from what I've noticed, the match is more expensive than then and less competitors show up each year.

Time for some new leadership blood AND a new direction. This match can be saved the same way the Steel Challenge was "brought back from the dead". ;)

Chuck is spot on with his post. The Steel Challenge is back and a major reason is many new clubs are now hosting local matches, which generates interest and growth. They and USPSA both know you can't build a house without a foundation.

• 2 months later...

Soligen, I'm with you. The only thing the NRA is doing is turning the cup back into a shooting event. No one made a big fuss when stock guys could no longer go prone any where but the 50 yd line one the Practical or place the backs of thier hands or forearms on the Barricade. None of us bithed. Just oh, ok. And drove on.

By eliminanting the gadgets it opens it up to more shooters who all ready own high dollar guns with optics. Action Pistolero said he losess money durning his State matches. How much do you think the NRA losses on the cup every year? They pay for 300 shooter to Green Valley regardless of how many show up. And we all know how expensive trophies are. The loose a ton of money every year on this match. If it won't grow it will die. They are trying give them a break. Do nothing and it will die. Do something but stand there and watch it die. Even if it ticks folks off. Step up to the challenge and practice.

I shot poorly during the cup but that wont stop me from going back. I will use my 1911 and practice more. Who knows maybe I will be the Texas State champ in 04 using a Metallic sight gun. Aimn high and miss your goal and you will do better than setting a low goal and hitting the mark. B)

By now Action Pistolero has figgured out who I am so I better wrap this up.

Dirty Steve, OUt. :ph34r: