Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rainier 165 gr. in a Glock 22

Justinsaneok

I have some Winchester brass, 165gr. Rainier bullets. Win231 and Unique are the only powders I have. CCI#500 SPP and Federal champion SPP. I have one major concern, accuracy. I will be shooting steel targets and only care that they shoot to POA. What powder between the two will be a better place to start in a Glock .40? I'm loading with a Dillon 550. Thanks B.E.

Shooting steel targets to knock down or Steel Challenge type shooting?

In most cases, I would go with a light load of Win231. I don't shoot Glocks so I'm sure others will chime in with more experience but 231 is a decent powder overall...

Shooting steel targets to knock down or Steel Challenge type shooting?

In most cases, I would go with a light load of Win231. I don't shoot Glocks so I'm sure others will chime in with more experience but 231 is a decent powder overall...

Knock down silhouette targets, poppers and plate racks. 4" plates are the smallest and most plentiful.

I should probably add that I plan on trying some kind of entry level shooting sport like IDPA or something,I really like shooting steel plates, so the loads need to work for whatever division a newbie should start in with a Glock 22. I'll listen to all advice.

• 4 weeks later...

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

WE shoot Steel Challenge With Rainier 165 RNFP 4.7 gr WST. OAL 1.125 Glock G24-6" Limited.

Perry

Do you have any idea of your FPS or power factor? I have never used any 165 but I picked up several thousand to cheap to pass up. I had planed to use WST or tightgroup anyways.

Rainier 165gr over 5.5gr WST, OAL 1.125" should do it nicely. I get 1,050 fps out of my Glock 23 with this load.

Sounds like I need to break down and get some WST seems like everyone is using it. I need to load 231 and unique hotter than I wanted to get it to go strait.