Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first match = first screw up

sig chaser

So I figured I would share my two blunders from my first idpa match. The first was straight up stupidity. Three targets at 35 yards 3 mags 6 rounds each. At the buzzer draw and engage from the 35 yard line two rds each reload and holster. Walk foward to the 20 yard line draw weapon and while walking to the 15 engage each with 2 rds. Reload and holster then move to the 10yard line draw and engage strong hand only while walking to 5 with 2rds each. The first two stages went great with all round on target, at the last part I start and engage targets 1 and 2 with solid hits move to number 3 bang bang with two more solid hits followed by a look of stupidity on my face as my slide locked to the rear empty since I had micounted and only loaded 5rds in that mag. The sad part is I was second over all on the stage and it was the only shot I dropped had I made any hit at all I would have won the stage. Now for the second mistake in the second to last stage there was a pop up target which would disappear rapidly behind a no shoot never to be seen again target goes up and I center punch it then my training kicks in and I let it go without firing another shot since I was unsure I could hit it in time. The stage ends and the SO tells me not to be timid to track the target and fire the second shot next time. Well enter the final stage and low and behold there is another pop up set up the same way as the final target. It goes up bang one round center mass I track it and fire being ever the new guy who listened well the round hits center mass as well and the target is neutarlized but unfortunately so is the no threat who's forehead the round ripped through prior to hitting the bas guy. In the end its my fault I knew better but did what was suggested anyway and it cost me. What did I learn? Don't shoot just because someone else thinks you should and triple check your round count lol.

• 2 weeks later...

hahah, well that sure is a lot of learning in the first match.

My first match I realized the trick to not hitting my love handles on the draw is to loose weight and get rid of the love handles... worked like a charm!

LOL I'll have to try that!