Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What brought my attention to the Genesis was when I was reading a review of the new mustang v6 and saw its speed was compared to that of a v6 Hyundai. Then got me to looking.

Jon, I purchased a 3.8 track model last july. It has been a blast. It has plenty of power, good interior trim and features. Big brakes and wheels. I purchased the thing fully loaded for 29700.00. I have enjoyed driving it alot, the wife likes it also, not as much as her C55AMG, but she still like to drive it. a 10yr/100k warranty doesnt hurt it either.

Possible..the AMG should launch harder as it is a v8 and has tons of torque, but speed wise they both seem to top out about the same speed, the AMG is speed limited to 155 and the Genesis coupe starts running out of steam around there also. They both have traction control and the autos drive better to me than the manuals. The genesis is using the same transmission as the benz(ZF)and they both have paddle shift if you wish to play. They both have incredible brakes. The Benz feels alot sturdier but it cost twice as much as the Genesis. On the track the amg is incredible, I havent had the Genesis on the track yet. I am looking at a 996tt right now and if it is in good shape I might sell the Genesis and get the 996.

I havent regretted the purchase of either car though.