Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Springs

I asked this question on another forum, and thought I would throw it out here also.

I just took home a Tanfoglio Witness Limited in .38 super. Excellent so far with over 200 rounds of .38 super comp ammo that is loaded to minor power factor.

In the nice case that the weapon came with there were two spare recoil springs. Both springs have different numbers on the wrapper. Are these just spares or are the designed for different power factor ammo?

More than likely the springs are from a "calibration pack" that had multiple weight springs. Depending on the ammo you are running you can change the spring to increase reliability, speedup, or slow down the recoil cycle.

I usually use just enough spring to function. I.E. us the spring that is heaviest if possible. If the heaviest spring won't cycle properly with the load you are using, step down to the next lighter, and so on until you find the spring that works for you.

In that case I think I will just stick with whatever they have in my gun from the factory until I have an issue. Especially since a lot of this stuff is over my head still, but I am getting there.

JJH

Thanks for the information. I had assumed as much but wanted to double check.

The gun has run perfectly as is with the ammo that I have so I won't be messing with it for now.

I purchased the weapon thinking that you get what you pay for, but this is one time where I have to say that you get a lot more. Very pleased thus far.