Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil springs

I just took home my Tanfoglio Limited in .38 super. Very nice.

The package came with two extra recoil springs. The label on each spring wrapper has different numbers on it. Can anyone tell me what these are for other than spares? Are they different weight springs to be used with major/minor loads? I am shooting .38 super comp at minor power factor and the spring that was in the gun has worked perfectly.

Yes, the spings have different loads weights.

I have no doubt the one in your gun works.... each spring will "work". But, if you have too heavy a spring, say 12lbs for minor loads, the actions closes quite heavily and can cause the muzzle to tip making follow up shots slower!

Yes, the spings have different loads weights.

I have no doubt the one in your gun works.... each spring will "work". But, if you have too heavy a spring, say 12lbs for minor loads, the actions closes quite heavily and can cause the muzzle to tip making follow up shots slower!

Furthermore, different recoil spring rates will change the overall "feel" of the recoil. Different shooters prefer different feels, and the only way to find the best fit for you is to try them out.