Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

inov-8 oroc's

ktyler

My link

Been surfing BE and the web for foot wear options for this season and came across these. None of the local venders carry this model so I am unable to see how durable the sole might be. I read some reviews about the mudclaw models and they say the sole is too soft for hard surfaces. I usually am shooting on gravel in our area so cleats and only OK. They also look to be a bit more comfortable than cleats for an all day session.

Any input is always welcomed.

Thanks

Keith

Edited by ktyler

My wife has a couple pairs of Inov-8's that she uses for dog agility. Now before you roll your eyes at shoes for dog agility, consider that you stand around for a hour or so in a dirt or sand arena waiting until it is your turn, then you and dog run thru an obstacle course that takes 30-45 secs. There is running, twisiting, turning, and even skidding to a halt.

Sound familiar? The only difference is you don't want to wear football cleats for fear of accidentally stepping on your team mate's paw (or at least that's what she said when I showed her my Nike Landsharks).

I'm paraphrasing a little, but she says that the Inov-8's are great. She tried running shoes and light hiking boots before getting turned onto the Inov-8's. I think she said she has the Ter-Rocs and Roc-lites, which are quite a bit less aggressive than the MudClaws you linked to, and has never had a problem slipping in dirt/sand arenas or even wet grass. One of the things she really likes about the Inov-8's is the foot bed is fairly firm, but still supportive even after an all day trial. The firm foot bed and grippy soles help when pulling a quick tight turn.

Oh, she also says they are narrow in the toe box. Like a C width instead of a D.