Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

105,000 Power factor SSR Load

Jeepster1

In the end, isn't the projectile's weight and its velocity as it exits the competitor's gun the only 2 things that can be measured with reasonable certainty - and that really matter?

Craig

It's certainly all that I think should matter and the only real way to verify compliance. The velocity out of the competitors gun that he is shooting, not the one he brings along to make chrono with. :angry2:

That would be so simple, you make chrono with the gun you are shooting or go home. Maybe some day.

I understand and support the "ICORE" ammunition idea in theory.

But I have 2 questions:

Can someone tell me how to practically distinguish between a "factory" 158 gr load and a hand loaded one without significant forensics and a lengthy discussion? If you can, I have several NIB Rolex's I'll make you a smoking deal on.

In the end, isn't the projectile's weight and its velocity as it exits the competitor's gun the only 2 things that can be measured with reasonable certainty - and that really matter?

Craig

I understand both sides of the discussion, but you are absolutely right Craig. I reload so I'm subject to DQ if my "reloads" dont cut it. But A box of factory loads that don't make it is ok......unfair to say the least considering the lesser recoil advantage it may provide to the store bought shooter. The PF should be met no matter if its bought or reloaded to keep it fair and eraticate the need to prove whether it is factory or reloads. Whats next, the requirement to produce a receipt of the ammo purchase for proof??????? Thats the only way to prove a Factory ammo claim. To much complication for a simple sport!!!!