Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-gun handgun

Brian Payne

Guys

I have been trying to research these weapons as much as possible. Here is the situation I am looking at and I am hoping to get some advice from those in the know.

I am primarily an outlaw 3-gun shooter and shoot handgun only matches as a way to improve the handgun skills and I don't really care about scoring Major/Minor. For Outlaw 3-gun matches the handgun only needs to be 9mm or larger with no power factor.

I like the Elite Limited and I would like one in .38 super if it could be made to shoot .38 supercomp (I have several cases of this ammo already). For the most part, I understand this weapon is basically good to go out of the box, but that there are numerous upgrades that can be done to the weapon.

Are upgrades necessary right away or can they wait with this weapon. Reliability with .38 super with the current magazine selection should be good? Extra mags are easily obtained from Henning? Would the Match serve my purposes just as well, allowing for more cash to be spent on upgrades through Henning or Canyon Creek? How many rounds can a magazine with extended basepad hold in .38 super?

Sorry for all of the questions and thanks in advance for any help.