Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Bench / Room Suggestions

jph437

Hey Guys,

I am about to put together my first reloading room that will house my dillon xl650 on a strong mount. The 650 will be coming in sometime next week and I would like to get the shelving / workbench taken care of before that time. The room is about 10ft wide and 7ft deep and the walls are completely concrete. I want to build the most cost efficient / sturdy bench that I can to mount the 650 on. I was thinking that mounting a bench directly to the wall might be my best option to accomplish both of those goals. I plan on standing while i reload with the possibility of sitting in a high stool. I really appreciate any suggestions on height i should mount the bench at, depth of bench, or materials. Along with this any tips or suggestions you have in setting up a reloading room.

Thanks guys,

Josh

Josh

The gallery thread that G-Man recommended is fantastic. After looking at I knew I had to do something.

Found plans for a vertical bench on tacticoolproducts.com/bench/. Had my contractor build it in small shop office probably 8x10 room. He did some mods.

Going to work great.

If would like pictures I could send let me know.

Jerry

Have a look at the one I did: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5485&st=1052

Bolted some 2x3s to the wall and built a frame out from there. Top is a 1/2 sheet of 3/4 unfinished plywood covered with some hardboard. The other half of the plywood is the shelf. I added a cheap storage shelf to one side and an inexpensive portable work stand that I can move around to form an L off to one side.

Plenty of work space, cheap, and simple.

Make sure you know how much height the strong mount is going to raise the press up. It would suck to build the bench and then find out that it is too tall/short. I only mention this since you don't have the press and mount yet.

Edited by caz41