Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using a Hardball 1911 for gaming

kreativecid

Are the only differences in a 1911 described as National Match Hardball vs one set up for SSTK is the high-grip safety, extended manual safety and hammer? And maybe the trigger pull weight?

From what I know about them they are set up for long slow steady shots at long distances with heavy 230g ammo?

If so I presume the easy remedy would be to stick on the appropriate parts for personalization and work the trigger action? I'd like to know if there are other not so obvious differences.

TIA.

Thanks. I had no idea if there were some internal differences such as it would only feed hardball/fmj and have issues with the 200g swc I prefer (well, have too many of in the closet).

Sounds like a grip safety would turn it into my usual 1911 for the most part.

Or....You could just shoot it and worry about the "proper" SSTK mods later.

Thanks. I had no idea if there were some internal differences such as it would only feed hardball/fmj and have issues with the 200g swc I prefer (well, have too many of in the closet).

Sounds like a grip safety would turn it into my usual 1911 for the most part.

Tradtional hardball loads are 230 grains at 820+.

If you want to keep it as a legal ball gun you might want to add some kind of clipon mag well you could take off. Some of the legal thumb safeties are bigger than others too. Any internal changes you need to get a hardball gun to feed wadcutters are legal and simple for a gunsmith to do. Then you change the recoil spring. The four pound trigger isn't that heavy or hard to shoot with speed but many people prefer a lighter trigger.