Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AA .22 kit +warren tacticals

Lawdawg112

My AA kit finally came after 2.5 months. I want to put a warren tactical rear on it with a fiber front like my 34 is setup. Has anyone had any problems with putting after market sights on these and having the extra weight of the aftermarket sights affecting the slide speed? I know these are touchy about ammo and I'm only planning on shooting CCI mini mags and the recommended type ammo through the kit.

Thanks.

Lawdawg

I put warren tactical on mine, no real issues. I recall there is some type of plastic attachment for the factory rear sight, not sure how to officially remove it but I just drove it out with a punch. My experience with warren rears and Glock/AA slide it will require some fitting as they are really a tight fit. I just file/stone the sight if needed. It seems to operate just as reliably with the new sights. Don't think the weight has much affect. I did have success with improving the reliability by smoothing/polishing the little metal sliding arm that connects to the barrel. Mine cycles reliably with any/all LR ammo I have tried including federal 550 bulk.

Edited by Nuke8401

Got the sights on. Had to file out the rear sight slot more than I thought to get the Warren on. I tried pounding it on with the rubber hammer and brass punch, but it was taking shavings of aluminum off as it was working it's way accross so I had to open it up a bit. I test fired it with the Remington 550 bulk pack that I bought from walmart and was recommended by AA and it shot fine and reset fine. Ordered up a couple extra mags and now just have to wait for the snow banks to get lower than 8 feet to get after it!