Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frame Compatiblity

Iggy42

As I have stated many times before I am planning on purchasing a Witness Limited for USPSA, however, I have not been able to actually wrap my hands around one. I have found a local dealer that has a 10mm Witness (not a limited ~ Link Here) in stock. I was wondering how close to the Limited this gun is. I know it lacks the magwell so there will be some differences, but what I am wondering is if this would be close enough for me to get an idea of how a Limited will feel in hand.

Look around for any CZ shooters in your area and see if anybody has a CZ-75 Tactical Sport. I think that'll give you a pretty close approximation. Or perhaps a CZ-97B?

For me the biggest surprise transitioning from my Witness Match to a Witness Limited was the heavier front end which I unconsciously liked and only figured out over the past few months. No wonder I shot a friend's CZ-75 Tactical Sport better than my CZ-75B. The other surprise was the front strap having a more aggressive checkering on the Limited. I used to have a ton of grip tape on the front strap of my Match. On my Limited I just put grip tape on the grip panels.

Havn't been able to find ony EAA or CZ shooters around here unfortunatly that was why I was hoping the one EAA gun I could find was close so I could get an idea. My main concern is how the grip fits my hand since all I have shot are 1911's and an M&P40

The gun your looking at has a round trigger guard, serrated front and back straps, the magwell opening is narrower/ it uses full length grips, the beavertail isn't under cut and swept up as much as a Ltd, there is no pin to keep the hammer pin captive(Ltd is a solid pin and the other is a roll pin), and the dust cover isn't full length. That should be all of the differences between the two.

Rich