Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Hawaii State Championship

I'm glad everybody had a good time...even though I sort of went overboard on the one handed stuff. I ran out of shirts :( which is why I haven't posted anything about the design(s)...trying to get out the ones people paid for but haven't gotten yet.

I didn't get to take any pics, so if anybody has any feel free to post 'em.

Barry showed you the scores, here's what Saturday's stages (1-5) looked like:

Stage 1 - Turtle Tactical.DOC

Stage 2 - Huh.DOC

Stage 3 - Two Rooms.DOC

Stage 4 - Unscheduled Stop.DOC

Stage 5 - Border Town.DOC

If I can't attach Sunday's stages (6-12) in the next post I'll post them tomorrow.

If anybody is still interested in shirts I'll take orders if there are enough (10+) These were iron-on designs so if you want to iron 'em on yourself we can "talk story."

Edited by gino_aki

Saw the guys this weekend at the weekly match and a bunch were wearing their State Match shirts...which was kind of gratifying.

Even though there were a few hiccups in score sheets and getting people their shirts (see "Things You Only Do Once") we had fine weather and I got a lot of compliments on the stages despite them being umm accuracy-oriented. Those compliments and my heartfelt thanks go out to all those who helped me put together this match and made sure it ran smoothly.

Ray Ishii who came in 2nd but is ALWAYS First in his dedication to putting on IPSC at our club, Valley Isle Sport Shooters. I'm fully sure he had a complete back-up match ready to go in case I didn't get things together, and he was always right there helping me to get work days organized and giving points and advice gleaned from all the matches he's directed. Also was in charge of Range 1. You Da Man.

Dennis Tenga who is our club Treasurer and didn't blink when he saw all the money that was going into the match. We'll have to go over the budget later and reconcile all the expenditures but I'm sure he'll be calm. Really. At least I hope so.

Burt Swink, President who doesn't blink either when we take over the range for a solid two weeks getting the match ready. Being SASS he knows what a big match can be and helped out where he could.

Barry Aoki, Match Winner and who trades places with Ray setting the shooting standards the rest of us mere mortals hope to attain. Helped out immensely by keeping Range 2 going so I could bounce around doing all the stuff an MD does.

Dave Hartman and my son Kainoa for running stats and keeping tabs on the classroom.

Carl Delapinia and Dennis Tenga for running score sheets from the squads to the stats shack.

Dan Clegg, Don Tisinger, Jeff Stone, Jeff Smith, Kelly Lai, "Mac" Macareng, Derick Recaido, Jon Acosta and others for making me delegate by constantly reminding me to let them do the work...my job was to supervise and coordinate.

All the rest of Valley Isle Sport Shooters for participating, helping set up, and being the great bunch of guys they are. I may bluster about how much work it is to put on matches, but doing it for these guys is really one of my guilty pleasures.

Edited by gino_aki