Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spring stacking picture

wksinatl

After reading one of the other threads I wondered if any of my Glocks was doing this.

On one of my G35's I am using a fitted Jarvis barrel, ISMI guide rod and 13# spring. You can see that the spring is stacking. My other G35 has the factory guide rod/spring and is OK. My G19 has the factory setup and is OK. My G21 has a 15# ISMI guide rod and 15# ISMI spring and is OK.

I have done searches and read everything I could in this forum and have really had my eyes opened to spring technology.

Is this is about what should be expected if it doesn't match up to the gun assembled without the recoil spring?

thanks,

Keith

post-3383-063788700 1292868753_thumb.jpg

Edited by wksinatl

I nomally put the tape parrallel with the slide on the frame only and use a pen to mark on the tape where the slide is. It sounds like you put the tape on with your recoil assembly in place then took it out and the slide is going further back then with your recoil assembly in. Is your guide rod still in place in that picture? If the guide rod is in and it went farther back then with the spring then yes it is stacking.

Edited by Roy Hess

Ron,

I think I could have done a better job explaining.

In the picture there is NO spring in the gun. With the spring IN the gun I pulled the slide to the rear as far as it would go. My son put a piece of tape across both the slide and the frame. He then ran a razor between the frame and slide. This was my reference, the tape was perfectly lined up.

I removed the spring and then pulled the slide to the rear as far as it goes (as in the picture). The slight offset of the tape is what I consider to be the stacking of the spring.

I could have done a better job asking the question and also done it a little easier but.....I think....I got my answer.

thanks for your input,

Keith