Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 major matches

Good Morning,

I run monthly ICORE matches in Hellertown PA. It has been as bad as two shooters, but as long as at least one person besides myself shows up, I will run a match. This is simply because I want to shoot! My ICORE match is on the third Friday of the month. We run on an indoor range and I have a field course, medium course, a couple of shorter courses and a classifier. It is dissappointing that the most shooters we have had is five, but the matches do not take very long and the scoring is done quickly!

I run an IDPA sanctioned match at Hellertown, and I have been thinking of running a weekend, trophy, ICORE match this year.

Locally, Ontelaunee runs a weekend match in the spring, just before the IRC so that shooters can get tuned up and classified. I am planning on attending the IRC this year. Ontelaunee also runs the East Coast Regional in September. The Ontelaunee 2011 match schedule is due out next week, so perhaps the match will be posted on the ICORE web site soon.

Regarding the U.S. Open at Caswell Ranch, I submitted a stage and I thought that I sent in an application. If this match is put on again, and I have no conflicts, as I also shoot revolver in IDPA and USPSA, I would consider attending and bringing a couple other shooters as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's hoping Hop comes to the 2011 Wheelgunner's Revenge Central States Regional on July 17th and wins it all again.

It was a pleasure having such a gentleman on hand.

It's my privilege to take over as match director this year. What with all of the improvements Bend of the River has seen lately, mostly driven by the Michigan USPSA Sectional match in September, 2010, we should be able to do a bang-up job again.

Planned are six field courses and two classifiers.

Hope to see a bunch of you.

On the other topic here about ICORE local struggles, I happened to have started a new local at another club I belong to in the SW Chicagoland area, Oak Park SC in Plainfield, IL. I guess our turnouts were good- the four matches we had in 2010 were 28, 27, 24, and 20.

Unfortunately, I've lost the battle for 2011 dates and at the moment I can't even get a Sunday to work with. I will be considering moving the local an hour east to another club with dates to spare.

If it's not one thing, it's the other.

I wish I could Hop, we just can't get the level of support around here that we need to pull off a big one. It's a shame 'cause Dean's place is a great range. Maybe I can pull off "ZOMBIE FEST 2011" in the Fall somewhere around here. ZSA allows 5,6,7,8 shot revos to play, who knows, time will tell

Here's hoping Hop comes to the 2011 Wheelgunner's Revenge Central States Regional on July 17th and wins it all again.

It was a pleasure having such a gentleman on hand.

It's my privilege to take over as match director this year. What with all of the improvements Bend of the River has seen lately, mostly driven by the Michigan USPSA Sectional match in September, 2010, we should be able to do a bang-up job again.

Planned are six field courses and two classifiers.

Hope to see a bunch of you.

Alright-

The official announcement of the date of the match and nomination of the new Match Director

Congratulations Cherryriver

BORCC has a few more upgrades in the works and if we can get an ICORE match or 2 in the area before hand, it should keep the enthusiasm level high to get the volunteers out for the event.

Hey John,

The location of the Memphis Charity Challenge is pretty much void a revolver unless I shoot it before the MCC came around. Now it is the Largest USPSA revolver match !!!! ;)

It just takes a little dedication, and a lot of hope.

"IF you build it they will come"

HOP