Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield XDM recoil spring

Wallyworld

I've been shooting a .40 cal. Springfield XDM in practical pistol for approaching two years now. Does anyone have any advice about long-term maintenance, specifically about when to replace springs? I estimate I am closing on 8,000 rounds with this pistol and it's still working fine. I'm not a fan of the "shoot it 'till it breaks, then fix it" school.

I would respring about every 10k. My XDM 40 has about 11 or 12k production loads on the recoil spring and Im have a failure to go into battery every now and then. Im having some cosmetic work done so when it comes home it will be time for new springs...

I would respring about every 10k. My XDM 40 has about 11 or 12k production loads on the recoil spring and Im have a failure to go into battery every now and then. Im having some cosmetic work done so when it comes home it will be time for new springs...

Thanks for the reply. The Springfield people don't seem to look past the "here's how you clean the gun" part in the owner's manual.

Thanks. About 10K was my thinking as well. It's a little frustrating the owner's manual doesn't address that issue.