Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell

SNSCaster2

Lately I've been practicing table starts with mags and gun on table using my single stack gear. I have some oldschool mag holders from safariland with the hard plastic inside and leather outside. I am having a hard time smoothly getting the mags from the table in to the pouches due to the sharp lip on the tops of the mag holders. I'm thinking about taking a dremel to the sharp edges and making a "magwell" for my pouches. Has anybody tried this with success, or know of any potential downsides to trying this..?

Man this thread is getting a workout... or not! Anyways, I took a dremel to the sharp plastic edges and what do you know... it worked great! I recommend this to anyone who has mag holders that could be opened up a bit.

Can anybody speak with 100% certainty that magnetic mag holders are legal in Single Stack??? If so, I'd be replacing my 2 rear pouches with magnets...

I saw 2 as well... and won them both with my magnetic holders in limited! I know I know... I'm awesome :lol: Cold weather is making me practice all kinds of odd stuff!

Fun to read the enthusiasm of the newer shooters... I remember it well. I wish I still had that level of excitement for shooting.

As long as you comply with the position requirements, I see nothing to prevent magnet style retention of mags.

JT

just make sure you're not runningmuch with the magnets or if you do make sure they are really strong ones. ive seen more than a couple go FLYING when the shooter took a couple of hard running steps. its amazing how far a fully loaded amg will fly when it falls perfectly timed and makes contact with a running foot moving forward, haha. I can still visualize that mag being kicked halfway across the bay, :roflol: