Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

help selecting shotshell caddy

rugerp89ipsc

I am trying to get to shoot some 3 guns and need some help getting set up with the right equipment. There have been a lot of advances since I shot my last 3 gun and was hoping someone could steer me to some websites. I am a LEO and want to use my duty belt and gear for competition to keep me well practiced and same some $$$.

Right now, for work, I carry the belt and chest rig in the following set up:

110910-004.jpg

I have a 6 round side saddle and 7+1 in the tube, and 12 rounds on the chest rig. I figured with a 6 round shot shell caddy I would be pretty well set for ammo. I thought if I placed the caddy where the metal radio holder is

110910-005.jpg

(between the flashlight and the OC spray),

I could off set some weight difference where the radio would typically hang and have 6 more rounds available, putting 32 shells on me.

The catch is that I can remove the radio clip, which I would do, without stripping my belt. I want a caddy that I can place in the radio clip's place without stripping my belt. Most of the pictures I have found online did not show the mounting hardware and just the caddy portion.

Does anyone know of a caddy that holds 6 rounds and does not require the belt to be looped through the caddy? I like the Mark Otto caddy, but have 0 experience with any and am not sure if that caddy would be viable.

$ is as always tight and I want to avoid some trial and error if I can. Thanks for any insight.

Awesome, thanks for all the fast replies guys, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you very much. I am very excited about getting some matches under my belt again and even more excited about putting some more range time in with my work equip. I am still tossing around if I want to wear my vest or not. Since it isn't 110 here right now, I am leaning to a yes so that I don't have to readjust my chest rig, but I don't want to look like a tool either. . .

Thank you again for the fast response.