Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broked

GISMap

I managed to break my slide stop on my M&P. Really didn't notice it until I set it down and that gap on the right side looked a little odd. The left side held it enough, but its pretty darn thin piece of metal. I suppose S&W will want the pistol back to fit it, mine is set up for Limited so I'll have to put all the boring stuff back on before I send it in. I tried their website tonight but it appears to be out of commission. Is this a common break? I usually don't run the gun dry and I don't drop the slide off the lever, I pull the slide back and let the stop fall on its own.

I can't drop the slide with the lever on mine...it takes an insane amount of force to get it to drop. Quicker for me to slingshot it. With my Glock I could hit the slide release with my thumb as I got back on target but it's a no go with the M&P.

The slide stop is a drop-in part. I'd just order one from Kenny at SSS, and be done with it (not expensive). I managed to bend mine, so I got a replacement, and a spare. It's a pretty easy swap to do, and I've seen instructions, with pictures, posted on the M&P forum, if I recall. R,

S&W wouldn't send me one, they wanted to fit it themselves so they are paying for shipping. That just means I gotta take my goodies off and put it back to stock. Nice of them to take care of that.