Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will 47D fit in Trojan .40?

yuthh

Can't decide which one to get.Any suggestion?

Thanks

Yuthh

My Trojan .40 will run just fine with Wilson 47Ds, but I prefer the Wilson 47NX (long .40 or 10mm) because they seem to be a bit smoother feeding in my gun. With the factory barrel it was more noticable (have a Schuemann Classic AET in it now). I tried a Tripp System Mag and it fed okay (not quite as good as the Wilsons), but it did one thing I won't accept in a SS mag. If you tried to drop it with more than about 5 rounds in it, it would hang up on the inside of the frame. That's important (to me) because there are times when you've run the gun to slide lock, and have enough time that you can reload the gun, drop that mag, and replace it with another full mag to keep you from going to slide lock for the rest of the stage. R,

Can't decide which one to get.Any suggestion?

Thanks

Yuthh

My Trojan .40 will run just fine with Wilson 47Ds, but I prefer the Wilson 47NX (long .40 or 10mm) because they seem to be a bit smoother feeding in my gun. With the factory barrel it was more noticable (have a Schuemann Classic AET in it now). I tried a Tripp System Mag and it fed okay (not quite as good as the Wilsons), but it did one thing I won't accept in a SS mag. If you tried to drop it with more than about 5 rounds in it, it would hang up on the inside of the frame. That's important (to me) because there are times when you've run the gun to slide lock, and have enough time that you can reload the gun, drop that mag, and replace it with another full mag to keep you from going to slide lock for the rest of the stage. R,

You mean I can load longer in 47NX than 47D?

No, I don't believe so (haven't tried to compare). With either mag you should be able to go as long as you'd like. With the 47D you should be able to go to 1.270" or so, and I went that far with the 47NX as an experiment. R,

No, I don't believe so (haven't tried to compare). With either mag you should be able to go as long as you'd like. With the 47D you should be able to go to 1.270" or so, and I went that far with the 47NX as an experiment. R,

Thanks.