Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anti-reloader conversion

I just wanted to give a quick update. I took my armorers course with Mr. Hodges yesterday, and while he did talk a little bit about the dangers of reloading without knowing what you're doing and using other people's reloaded ammo, he didn't say anything negative about reloading in general. He did mention that using reloads voids your warranty, but that's a Glock thing.

I got the chance to chat with him a little bit over lunch, and he actually shoots USPSA and IDPA. We were talking about techniques and he actually said, "I need to get back to reloading." He told me that he used to reload everything but he doesn't have time anymore. He said he needs to get back to reloads because they feel softer and you can shoot them faster in competition. I guess he's not anti-reloading so much as he's against using reloads for duty guns and using low quality/other people's reloads. He was a nice guy and I learned some new tricks.

I shoot with a guy who will not reload because his little 10 page owner's manual for his Ruger says in bold print "Do not shoot reloaded ammo" or words to that effect. It's just liability concerns. Ignore him and move on. Let your buddies keep shooting factory and you can pick up their brass.;)

YEAH! Lotsa free once fired brass!

Just tell them you LIKE to live dangerously...

Jeff

Now I have been taking alot of heat from my buddies that went with me. I have tired to explain that this guy was way out on the edge with is load to begin with but they don't seem to care and are less than pleased to have me shoot with them now because they "don't want to have to clean parts of my hand off of their guns when my ammo .

The two easy solutions is to agree with them and let them only shoot factory but collect their brass or.....get some smarter friends...lol