Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why i love this sport

Pdoyle

Little story to share with you all....I am a police officer in southern NM. I was drawn to the shooting sports to become a better firearms instructor; initially. Then I just realized I really like the people in shooting sports.

One of my officers who has recently returned from Iraq, found out that his little 6 year old daughter has a tumor on her brain stem. The best docs in the country are assisting her along, but all agree it is a long road for her and her family. THe officers wanted to help in all and any way. One of the ways was to have a raffle for a handgun we donated. We had fliers printed and tickets ready. We have been very happy with the support for this family. It has been hard for him, as a member of the Military and Law Enforcement, he has devoted his life for sacrafice, as such, it is hard for him to take or recieve from others...

Yesterday we had the NM IDPA Championship in Las Cruces. It was attended by over 100 shooters. I was able to tape some fliers for the family on my unit and discuss the issues with lots of shooters. I was offered donations, prayers, and personal support for a girl they did not know ( IMUS Ranch in northern NM). I was a little overwhelmed by the response. I truly thought that if I could get a hundred bucks for the raffle tickets, it would be a home run. It was primarily for some fun money for them as we ( LCPD)have some travel destinations for them in mind...DISNEYLAND !!!!!!

Well I was very busy being a RO and trying to keep up with everything going on. Needless to say at the end of the day I had an envelope full of money. The support from the shooting was over $1200. Not bad for $5 raffle tickets.

I just wanted to say thank you all from a grateful group of law enforcement officers for being who you are. we salute you all.

Little story to share with you all....I am a police officer in southern NM. I was drawn to the shooting sports to become a better firearms instructor; initially. Then I just realized I really like the people in shooting sports.

One of my officers who has recently returned from Iraq, found out that his little 6 year old daughter has a tumor on her brain stem. The best docs in the country are assisting her along, but all agree it is a long road for her and her family. THe officers wanted to help in all and any way. One of the ways was to have a raffle for a handgun we donated. We had fliers printed and tickets ready. We have been very happy with the support for this family. It has been hard for him, as a member of the Military and Law Enforcement, he has devoted his life for sacrafice, as such, it is hard for him to take or recieve from others...

Yesterday we had the NM IDPA Championship in Las Cruces. It was attended by over 100 shooters. I was able to tape some fliers for the family on my unit and discuss the issues with lots of shooters. I was offered donations, prayers, and personal support for a girl they did not know ( IMUS Ranch in northern NM). I was a little overwhelmed by the response. I truly thought that if I could get a hundred bucks for the raffle tickets, it would be a home run. It was primarily for some fun money for them as we ( LCPD)have some travel destinations for them in mind...DISNEYLAND !!!!!!

Well I was very busy being a RO and trying to keep up with everything going on. Needless to say at the end of the day I had an envelope full of money. The support from the shooting was over $1200. Not bad for $5 raffle tickets.

I just wanted to say thank you all from a grateful group of law enforcement officers for being who you are. we salute you all.

Me too, me too! I'm in! Responded to Pat's thread so we can double down.

Less Starbucks for me, more riding the train vs. driving/parking... Everybody here has a little extra somewhere I'm betting. :cheers: Which reminds me... *snicker*

Kudos to you for sharing your heart! I'm sure they appreciate it.

Sherry