Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD40 Service unLimited Magwell

edmorseiii

I have an XD Service 40 that has been collecting dust in my safe that I am going to start shooting Limited10 with. I want to open up the mag well with one of these; unLimited Magwell but I want to make sure that if I add the biggest slam pads they have (.375) to my 10 rounders (ban state :angry2: ) that enough of the mag/pad will protrude enough to positively seat the magazine with a flat palm slap.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same gun, same magwell, and same base pads. They work great. It did take me a bit of work with a file and die grinder to open up the frame of my xd so that the cam will slide into the grip. I have been very happy with this magwell.

I also have the pistolgear extended slide stop, a custom mag release button, dawson FO adjustable sights set in a bomar cut, 3.25 lb trigger job that is extremely short, and a hand fit barsto 9mm conversion barrel on my gun. I run all 40 cal magazines, so I can switch between 9mm and 40 cal very easily.

Thank you for the reply. I went ahead and ordered them, and they do work as I was hoping and you describe. Now I have a problem with the mags running empty and not locking the slide to the rear. I have to look at it closer, but I think the mag well might be forcing the mag to a forward cant and messing with the slide catch. Either that, or I botched up the "easy fit" ( :rolleyes: ) trigger kit I installed. :blush:

Anyways, thanks again for the reply.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't remove any material from the base of my grip (existing magwell area on the polymer frame of the XD), and mine works well, but I did have to make sure the pistol gear mag well was seated well onto the frame of the gun and in place tightly. Once I got it tight to the frame it worked fine and has since, so you may want to verify that. Also, be sure that the rubber pads are not causing the mag to fail to fully seat or to hang up and sit at an angle.

I don't remember if I had any problems with the slide locking back. It's possible though, because I know something wasn't right when the magwell was too far down.

This page could be useful also: My link

Good luck

Chris