Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger help again

sgtis108

I'm confused about my trigger. IT is an extreme ultimate drop in kit.

If I set the over travel where you cannot fell the sear and hammer rub (while holding the trigger to the rear and rocking the hammer back and forth) then the disconnecter it to tall. If i set the over travel to where the disconnecter is not to tall then the hammer bumps the half cock notch and I get light strikes.

Advice please. I'd prefer to fix this myself.

Thanks

The over travel screw (if you are talking about it) needs to be set to stop the trigger as soon as the trigger make disengage the hammer by the sear.

Just pay attencion that the screw is not too tight otherwise you'll not obtain the right reset, and the hammer will fall on the half cock notch....

The over travel screw (if you are talking about it) needs to be set to stop the trigger as soon as the trigger make disengage the hammer by the sear.

Just pay attencion that the screw is not too tight otherwise you'll not obtain the right reset, and the hammer will fall on the half cock notch....

The over travel screw set like you describe doesn't let the trigger move the sear enough to clear the half cock notch on the hammer. In order for the sear to clear the half cock notch i have to have quite a bit more over travel. That results in pushing the disconnecter to high in the frame.

My thoughts are to take some material off the half cock notch (sounds like a bad idea) or take some material off the top of the disconnecter.

The over travel screw set like you describe doesn't let the trigger move the sear enough to clear the half cock notch on the hammer. In order for the sear to clear the half cock notch i have to have quite a bit more over travel. That results in pushing the disconnecter to high in the frame.

My thoughts are to take some material off the half cock notch (sounds like a bad idea) or take some material off the top of the disconnecter.

No dubt on... take off some material from the top of the disconnector but pay attencion to avoid to take off too much material because with a shorter disconnector you'll get a full auto gun... :o