Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Killer Course Of Fire

lynn jones

i went to the range saturday to practice and set up a killer stage for sundayl. i get to the range, i notice no one was using the plate racks. since i never get to use the plate racks, i jumped down there to get set up. i spray painted both racks. i get my range bag out, load up a magazine, put my rig on, then go to get my gun. No damn gun! i left it at home okay, i say. i'll just set up the killer course of fire.

i had brought out a table i had built for the killer course of fire using my trailer. after deciding i needed a doorway for the killer course. i ran the trailer to the area behind our building to get the doorway i made a couple of years ago. this prop is two wooden walls joined at a 90 degree and weights about 300 lbs, like our ape friend. i start to manuver the thing so i can get it to the trailer, can't get too close cause of the wet ground. i pulled the top of the doorway towards me, wanting to drag it to the trailer, when all of a sudden, the ground gives under my right heel and i go down. of course i still have this 300 lb doorway respecting the laws of gravity chasing me to the ground. i won the race, but the doorway was a sore second place finisher and took it out on me.

now here i am lying in the mud with a 300 lb doorway on me, thinking, "i hope nobody saw this." just remembering i was the only one on the range. uh oh! how do i get the thing off of me? well, i'm glad i'm been working out. (he man, ha!) i muscle this damn thing enough to wiggle out from underneath. i get up and access the damage, doorway okay. my leg hurts and i'm wet, muddy and cold. i kinda feel like erik warren in the sheriff rescue thing he had.

the first thought i have is, "i'm 46 year old and i don't need this shit." but i didn't give up. i finished setting up the killer course of fire, again thinking that this course almost killed me!

getting back home to clean up, i discover a big bruse(subdurahematoma) on my right thigh about 5 in. in diameter. the kind of bruse that will change the color of the rainbow before its gone. lucky me.