Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22LR conversion kit - 9 mm

Rugrev

Been lurking here for some time so thought I would post a question. I am thinking about getting a 9mm 1911 single stack platform which would probably be either a Kimber or ParaOrdinance Commander sized gun or possibly build one up on a Colt Cmdr. XSE .38 Super. Will any of these kits work with the 9mm? I gather the extended ejector is the source of the problem or is there some other problems? Can any of the kits be modified to work with the 9mm?

Thanks for any comments.

Been lurking here for some time so thought I would post a question. I am thinking about getting a 9mm 1911 single stack platform which would probably be either a Kimber or ParaOrdinance Commander sized gun or possibly build one up on a Colt Cmdr. XSE .38 Super. Will any of these kits work with the 9mm? I gather the extended ejector is the source of the problem or is there some other problems? Can any of the kits be modified to work with the 9mm?

Thanks for any comments.

Neither my Marvel, Jarvis or Tactica lSolutions kits worked on my older SA 1911 9mm Target or my current DW PM-9.

None of the conversion kits I've seen will work with any form of ramped barrel.

Thanks for the replies. I believe both the Kimber and Para's e.g. Aegis and LTC have ramped barrels. Using a Colt XSE .38 Super don't know if they came from the factory ramped. If not, then could convert to 9mm non-ramped. If they, too, are ramped guess one could "build" up a 1911 from parts in 9mm. I know the Kimber conversion says it won't work on a ramped barrel. Ciener doesn't seem to be very customer oriented in answering questions. Advantage Arms hasn't answered any emails on the subject. It's beginning to look like the alternative is get to get a dedicated 9mm and outfit a GSG 1911 .22LR to be as similar to the nine.