Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification won't update for one shooter

glockwerkes

Just found one competitor from a recent match who's classification displays as "U". Only problem is that he is a GM. Checked the master db, and it says he is a GM. I have run the "update match" and "update master" functions several times using the latest classification file update. It appeared to update several records, which was normal. I usually run this before the match, and again after in case there were any walkins. I could just go into "competitor registration" and manually set his class to the proper value, but I'm more interested in the why this is happening.

I've been doing stats for about two years haven't seen this one before. Anybody got an ideas?

A few months ago, the stats folks ran into this issue with EzWinScore 4.03 when we had our level II section match. Multiple attempts to import, and update the match as well as the master failed. (To make matters from bad to worse, the problem appeared between day 1 and day 2 of a 3 day match.) They ended up manually verifying and fixing people's classifications against the paper registration forms.

It wasn't that bad for me. I think it may be related to the fact that the shooters in question all had memberships that expired 8-31-10. They all made good on their renewals, but EzWin was stuck on the fact that IT thought they were expired. I had to manually update the classification for those three shooters. Everyone else updated fine.

I've emailed the db to Roger for further diagnosis. I'll report back with the final results of this inquiry.