Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pull On A Para P16.40 Limited

Norwegian Viking

Batangueno, Yes it will and if you have a heavier MS to be replaced by a 17 lb MS it will be lighter. Problem is you will have to check it again for reliability and see if it will have hammer follow. In my experience changing to a lighter MS will not cause hammer follow problems but I've heard people claiming it happened to them. See you kabayan. josh

batangueno- Ask your gunsmith if he put in a 19# mainspring when he did your trigger job. It's been a long time, but I believe that a stock mainspring weight for a Para is 22#. Most folks will agree that 19# is the rule of thumb. That said, you can go to 17# and likely not have any problems. I tried a 15# and found that I was getting a few rounds that failed to ignite. (2%) That doesn't souns like much untill you go to a match and on 4 different stages, one primer refuses to go bang. If you have time try all 3 spring weights.

Thanks for the input guys. :)

If it's going to change the trigger pull weight then i'm not going to change the mainspring. It's been reliable so far with regards to primer ignition so that's another reason for me not to change. The trigger job has been flawless considering it was done more than 6 years ago, the gunsmith wouldn't probably remember the mainspring he used on my gun. :)

It's just, i seem to have this upgraditis disease. Just this weekend i upgraded to an Aftec extractor for no apparent reason. :lol: