Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AmeriGlo GT-500

heckofagator

They're great, WAY better than stock (anything is though). Those have a really thin front (.090) but they'll probably work great on a shorter G19. I use the Defoor set which is the same rear with a .115 wide front on a G17 and they kick ass (set GT-505).

FWIW, depending on what ammo you'll be using you might want to get the set for the 20,21's (GT-501) with the taller rear if you want your POI to hit at the top of the blade, I mostly shoot 115gr stuff from wallymart and 124gr +P Gold Dots for carry and every set of Ameriglo's I've had (5 sets) hit low for me at a "drive the dot" POI, with all-black irons that gets annoying IMHO, YMMV.

Edited by ck1

I'm curious to get a new pair of sights. I've been shooting with the stock set for a while and I guess I didn't realize how bad they really were!

Still doing some research. A lot of the more popular names of sets seem to be in the $75 and up range. These seemed nice for the price, but I just wanted to make sure. If anyone has any suggestions that would be way better than the AmeriGlo's for not too much more $$, I'm interested to hear.

Thanks guys.

I'm curious to get a new pair of sights. I've been shooting with the stock set for a while and I guess I didn't realize how bad they really were!

Still doing some research. A lot of the more popular names of sets seem to be in the $75 and up range. These seemed nice for the price, but I just wanted to make sure. If anyone has any suggestions that would be way better than the AmeriGlo's for not too much more $$, I'm interested to hear.

Thanks guys.

Think you'll find the Warren/Sevigny's are pretty much the standard as far as Glock competition sights go, but the Dawson set-ups and a few of the Heinie sets are great too, for whatever reason they cost more than Ameriglo's but they're all up at the same quality standards.

The Ameriglo Defoor set I use is actually the same exact widths/ratios as the Warren/Sevigny comp's, just not as tall off the slide which I prefer since I find them better for carry, also they've got a more traditional glock rear profile which I like (oh, and they're cheaper, but it's not about saving the $20 bucks or so, Ameriglo's are just a good deal).

Edited by ck1