Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger so light I's worry about muscle atrophy...

westczek

I finally got a supply of Federal primers and allowing me to lower the power on the mainspring and rebound spring in my S&W 686. When I was living hand to mouth and I was snapping up Wolf primers like a starving man, it was full power factory springs all the way.

The lighter springs truely make a differnce, very much on speed. I used the Wolffe reduced power spring kit with 13 lb rebound, I didn't get a posiive return with the 12 lb. I also added the C&S extended firing pin. Althought the last year with factory springs has really built up the trigger finger muscles, I'm happy to focus on speed a little more.

Feeling very excited about my the improvement in my guns trigger, offered it to my chief competitor here in Virginia to try. The groaning and mock strain came as a bit of a shock... Until I tried her gun, with Carmoney trigger.

Ummm, very light, I would be afraid of muscle atrophy if my trigger was that light. :blink:

Westczek

I just moved and couldn't get at my Federal primers so I loaded up a couple thousand rounds with Wolfs. They wouldn't go off in my tuned 686 so I had to tighten the main spring until I got 100 per cent reliability. Went from a 5.5 lb trigger to a 7 lb trigger. Not too bad but a definate difference.

There was no way the Wolfs would go off in my Carmonized 627. I decided to shoot Retro for a while with the 686. My groups opened up but I've been doing a lot of practice and getting better.

Today I went out and shot the remainder of the Wolf primed loads. I've gotten use to the heavier trigger but will be bringing it back down to 5.5 lbs before the next match. I have 50K of Federal primers so I won't have to use the Wolfs for a bit.

Get your gun to Carmoney. It's money well spent. Your groups will be tighter, time on target will improve and love life will be better. LOL

I shot the 686 and 627 today and could really see the difference with my groups at 25 yards.