Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting a Marvel 22 conversion

Flyin40

I just got my Marvel 22 conversion back. They sent me a new slide with a new firing pin assembly. I tried to put in on my STI frame but it wouldn't go. Anyone else had this problem?? It was hitting the inside of the ejector. I had to do some fitting but its on now. Just never heard of anyone having to fit the conversion before.

Flyin

Just a guess, but the units are set up to fit 45 ejectors on the frames. It could be you have a slightly larger one for 38/9/40 that was a gunsmith fit part that needed a little tuning on the Marvel slide....

Other than that I dont know...

DougC

Just a guess, but the units are set up to fit 45 ejectors on the frames. It could be you have a slightly larger one for 38/9/40 that was a gunsmith fit part that needed a little tuning on the Marvel slide....

Other than that I dont know...

DougC

When I sent it in it fit fine with that ejector. I had an older model conversion and they upgraded the slide and firing pin assembly to the newer ones. I'm thinking your probably right. I bought the last conversion used and really didn't notice if anyone did any work on the firing pin assembly. I can remember when I cracked the original slide that they had to dig through boxes to find a slide to fit my serial number. They said they only had one other one left and they don't make that serial number any longer. The new slide cracked and they upgraded it so its all good. Just need to get to the range to try it out.

Flyin