Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Atlanta Collegiate Competition Shooters Range Diary

DyNo!

Earlier this year, I was sitting in a political science class daydreaming about shooting.

I was doing something other than paying attention when I shot a text to my buddy Roman (CC712400) and said, “Hey, let’s start a shooting team!”

He shot back, that he’d already done it.

That marked the start of the Atlanta Collegiate Competition Shooters and in May, we picked up our first sponsor. Later that month, we snagged our first win.

After seeing how few multi-gun diaries there were in this forum, we decided to give it a shot.

This diary will help me refine my skills but, it will also serve to help me help others. In the last year, I began to call my shots. This marked a level of improvement that is remarkably more than all the others combined.

We’re all very new to multi-gun. We’ve yet to shoot our first major match as a group but we’re steadily working our way up the ladder.

In this thread, CC712400 (top-right) and I (bottom left) are going to document our team’s preparation for the few big matches we’re shooting this year, how they go, with the hopes of sharing the "young gun's" perspective to the BENOverse.

2bdccefe.png

• 2 weeks later...

Up until now, those of us who didn't shoot open had no means of retrieving shotshells in a controlled manner. We'd been pulling them one by one out of a dump pouch and that sure wasn't going to win any awards. We recently pooled together and got a toaster with some Kydex. This morning, I completed putting the finishing touches on our collective shell holding rig. I discovered the design here on BENOS and it seems to work quite well for money we paid for it:

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k274/DyNo541/?action=view&current=6313f486.mp4&newest=1

My open pistol is at Freedom Gunworks undergoing a conversion from .38 Super Comp to 9mm major so I'll be going to the East Alabama Multigun this weekend shooting an M1A, Benelli M1, and Beretta in the "Heavy" Limited division :lol: . It will be an interesting experience for me personally since as an open shooter, I've never had the need to know how to reload a shotgun by hand and it is actually my first time doing so. It is all our first time doing it so we're all on equal footing.

Even more interesting will be shooting the M1A in a match that I've heard will be made of exclusively short range hoser targets in a CQB environment. It's all in the name of fun and I'm looking forward to filming it this weekend!

Edited by DyNo!