Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Springs and Followers

Steve4102

I just picked up another Witness. This time it's a 40 S&W Compact Steel Wonder. This is supposed to be a 12 round mag, but like my 10MM Elite getting a full mag with the original spring/follower is next to impossible. I was checking out Henning's site hoping to find some Grams engineering springs and followers that would fit this Compact Model. Not exactly sure what I'm looking for, but I don't think they are available, am I correct?

So, on to my questions, are there any spring/follower kits that work a little better than the factory ones in the 40 Compact? If not, I need to get a few mags and some extra springs, can you help me with the proper mags and springs for the Compact? Thanks.

you should be able to use the grams spring and follower he sells for the regular mags and cut a coil or two off the spring to make up for the shorter mag body.

Mike

Thanks Mike, but the regular Grams kit will not work in the Compact model. The compact follower has a 1/4 inch notch cut into the front of it that the standard mag and follower does not have.

eaamag.jpg

You have to remove the strip of metal that is spot welded in the mag. Its easy, hit it with a chisel and it will pop right out. Added: hit the little weld spots with the chisel from the outside of the mag.

I spent a while trying to drill out the welds until I figured it out.

Edited by photog