Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going from major pf reloads to factory rounds

redwoods

I am shooting a 40sw 2011 and a single stack 1911 both with lightened springs. I also am shooting a CZ75 SP-01 with lightened springs.

I want to shoot some factory fed or win ammo out of them. Is there enough change in the power factor of the factory rounds to warrant a change in my recoil springs so I do not batter the guns too much?

I am worried mostly about damaging the guns because of the lighter than factory recoil springs.

Limited gun 11lb spring 40sw

Single stack 12.5lb spring 40sw

single stack 14lb 45acp

CZ75? but its light. 9mm.

Thanks,

Randy

In the 40 you might get by with the 12.5 if you stick to 180gr factory ammo, if you get 135gr Fed CQB it will break your wrist (exaggeration). I'd go with a 14# it will handle just about any factory load.

9 mm stick with the 125gr and it should be ok.

45 again at least 14#.

Note that I always go a couple pounds lighter than my smith recommends he is overly cautious.

thanks, I have some factory win and fed from my work (police dept) that we use for practice, but I don't always want to shoot them out of my duty gun. I figure it is still practice with any other gun, depending on what I am working on.

Randy

I am shooting a 40sw 2011 and a single stack 1911 both with lightened springs. I also am shooting a CZ75 SP-01 with lightened springs.

I want to shoot some factory fed or win ammo out of them. Is there enough change in the power factor of the factory rounds to warrant a change in my recoil springs so I do not batter the guns too much?

I am worried mostly about damaging the guns because of the lighter than factory recoil springs.

Limited gun 11lb spring 40sw

Single stack 12.5lb spring 40sw

single stack 14lb 45acp

CZ75? but its light. 9mm.

Thanks,

Randy

For your .40s I don't think you'll hurt anything if you shoot normal factory ammo (which tends to run in the 165-180PF range). For a little insurance something like a 14lb spring won't hurt.

Note that I always go a couple pounds lighter than my smith recommends he is overly cautious.

What's this, openly doubting your gunsmith/sponsor? For shame, for shame :roflol:

Edited by G-ManBart