Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL 1050

jester116th

Hey! I'm Greg and I'm new here. I have a question and I need some opinons, I own a RL 1050 that I got used for a screaming deal but I found out that the largest rifle round I can load is 5.56 :( ! It came with 2 sets of dillon dies, .45ACP and 38 Super, 2 cal. conversions .45ACP and 38 Super 1 xtra toolhead with powder measure. I was going to sell it and replace it with a XL650 from Brians store but now I have 5000 rds + or - coming in of 556 and I'm thinking I might just keep it and use it for just that one caliber and run all the other stuff on the 650 waddya think?

Hey! I'm Greg and I'm new here. I have a question and I need some opinons, I own a RL 1050 that I got used for a screaming deal but I found out that the largest rifle round I can load is 5.56 :( ! It came with 2 sets of dillon dies, .45ACP and 38 Super, 2 cal. conversions .45ACP and 38 Super 1 xtra toolhead with powder measure. I was going to sell it and replace it with a XL650 from Brians store but now I have 5000 rds + or - coming in of 556 and I'm thinking I might just keep it and use it for just that one caliber and run all the other stuff on the 650 waddya think?

I have a 1050 and a 650 I use the 1050 for my 38 super which is the caliber I shoot the most the 650 I use for everything else. You can set up different heads for the 650 and change out becomes pretty quick and easy.

However if you want to sell the 1050 let me know.

Dan

The only problem I can see loading 223 on a 1050 is the pimer seat. = you don't have a feel if the primer pocket is louse.

both presses are great if I only had one it would be the 650

I have both and like it a bunch

The only problem I can see loading 223 on a 1050 is the pimer seat. = you don't have a feel if the primer pocket is louse.

Post load tumble to knock off the lube, if they are loose they will fall out during this process.

Having a 1050 and not using it to load 223 would be silly. Crimped primer pockets are quite common in .223 and the swage die on the 1050 is a huge asset.